My writing class is finally over as of yesterday. Due to a consistent lack of effort and interest, I suspect I’ll probably have to take it again in the future, and I haven’t decided yet when that might happen. The good news, at least, is that the final grade will be available next week, and for now I have about two weeks (technically, two weeks and a few days) before the fall semester begins.
Personally, I’m looking forward to being able to enjoy myself again. For the last several weeks, I was stressing and focused on the class, which usually resulted in procrastination and feeling bad about procrastination rather than anything resembling productivity. Since the class is over, I’ll be able to resume work on my various creative writing projects and ideas, as well as possibly finish a few books and play some computer games.
I’m planning on going home for a brief trip next week, so that will be nice. I’m sure being a full-time student again this fall will impact my free time, but I’ll have to see. I never had cause to develop study skills in high school, and after quickly learning that I didn’t like being a computer science major my freshman year of college could definitely have been better.
Anyway, on a lighter note, here’s a brief list of current writing project ideas.
- Crusader Kings 2: After the End mod history and/or narrative
- Tribe of the Mouse (central Florida)
- Duke of Driftless (Dubuque/northeastern Iowa)
- something in the Ozarks (southwest Missouri/northwest Arkansas)
- Europa Universalis 4: Super States mod history and/or narrative
- Crusader Kings 2 narrative
- Byzantine Balearics – working title “Edge of Empire”
- list of fantasy ideas to be made into a story